Here’s a few highlights:
- Our auction featured the Bro-Am’s first ever online bidding platform for fans around the world
- Surf legend Rob Machado hosted his Bro Junior surf competition for the fourth year in a row
- Single-use plastic water bottles were a NO GO; attendees could fill up at free H2O stations
- We again featured solar-powered sound and staging.
- The Rob Machado Foundation once again teamed up with the Solana Center to have a team of surfers and environmentalists managing waste at Bro-Am. The Green Team added composting efforts to this year’s plan, and collected nearly 3,000 lbs of waste, recycled over 1,600 lbs, composted 785 lbs of food waste, and diverted 83% of total waste from the landfill!
- Live performances from our friends NEEDTOBREATHE, Drew Holcomb, Colony House, and Brynn Elliott were incredible
- Local restaurants and vendors supplied attendees with good times and good food
- ViaSat, along with partners, TourGigs and Blackmagic Designs, live streamed the Bro-Am event on the Web, allowing viewers around the world to tune-in and catch the action. Local Carlsbad High School TV students provided technical, production and on-air talent assistance, bringing yet another local tie to the program.
- YOUR efforts and the efforts of many more generous people helped raise funds for 6 San Diego charities!